Erol Alkan Forum
Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Printable Version

+- Erol Alkan Forum (http://erolalkan.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Index (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Long Live Disco - 2008-09-06 18:00:19

Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard!

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - wankydave - 2008-09-06 22:38:24

KIRBY Wrote:Kenwright is a buffoon.
oh yeah? and why is that? cos having 2 owners that hate each other is a lot better right?

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - KIRBY - 2008-09-07 02:49:17

That they hate each other isn't 'the' problem with our Americans. The problem is that they've mortgaged the club against money they don't have, a mortgage that is set to come up for re-finance in January. They've promised on a new stadium that under them, will never be built. Not a single penny of their money has gone into the club; under them we've a net spend that is covered by champions league money regardless of tv money. As the club is financially structured at the moment, were we to fall out of the top 4, our pack of cards could potentially come tumbling down. However, on the plus side we have the best squad that the club's had in 20 years, and word is that the Americans are now re-considering the deal from DIC that is on the table, where each of them would take 60 mil profit off the club despite not putting a penny into it.

The Americans aren't buffoons or idiots, they're obviously business savvy. The buffoon in this instance is Moores; both Moores and Parry should be hung from the Shankly statue.

Anyway...Kenwright is intent on taking the "peoples club" out of the city, which is as hysterical as it is sad. The "peoples club" and Norweigian jibes (despite the fact that we get 40,000 for a friendly, whilst you pull in 16,000 in the equivalent game, or worse in some of your UEFA debacles) would seem rather redundant when blasted out of Kirkby, and without those, what exactly are Everton left with? Well, a Tesco and a few carrier bags to pick up the bits of Van Der Meyde.

The man lives in a fantasy world more fitting of the theatrical productions he presides over. His 'ifitadntbinferderredshite' schtick got tired about a decade ago. He's put nothing into the club, yet hogs the limelight and seeks to take full credit for Moyes work. It's got to the point where even Evertonians see through his empty promises; "We'll sign moutiniho!...tomorrow".

He risks loosing one of the only half-decent managers everton have had in the last 20 years through his own self-important bullshit.

Anyway, in short Kenwright's a buffoon. Presiding over the panel of Joseph is the only board he's fit for. I'm not complaining.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - KIRBY - 2008-09-07 03:05:28

But while Evertonians keep churning out stuff like this http://clattenburg.epetitions.net/, Kenwright will always have a place in The Peoples' hearts.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - wankydave - 2008-09-07 12:45:33

another deluded red

strongest tteam in 20 years?! take away gerrard, torres and (to a lesser extent) carragher and liverpool would be in dire straits. the current squad has no depth to it whatsoever, and you gotta pray you remain injury free as there are a lot of clubs who have strengthened well (and i wouldnt rule out everton from challenging either) who are very capable of taking that 4th place

and i dont understand how you can stick up for the amercans....youve already admitted that should you not qualify for cl the club would be in trouble. doesnt that situation seem incredbly risky to you? i mean youve onyl gotta look at leeds united

yeah kenwright hasnt put much money in. but hes put in what he can and at least he is honest about the situation with the fans. he knows as well as everyone else does that everton need big investment and he cant provide it. how does that make him a buffoon? he genuinely loves the club and doesnt take any money from it. i would much rather have him as an owner than those two 'business savvy' as you put it who hav no loyalty to the club and will ditch it as soon as they get bored or lose out on cash?

the stadium is a different issue. goodison has history but its not the best of grounds. everton wanna move but theres not many other places in liverpool to go whch wont cost shitloads of cash. 3 or 4 miles out is not that much of a difference i dont think. and kenwright isnt the sole orchestrator of the move anyway!

the moutihno signing (or lack of) can hardly be seen to be kenwrghts fault. he wanted to leave, everton wanted him but sporting kept upping his price tag. its sensble not to pay over the top wih money you dont have for players i feel. and moyes is probably one of the shrewdest managers n the transfer market so lets trust hm eh? after all we could list the amount of turkeys that rafa's signed all day....

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - steve - 2008-09-07 12:47:13

Long Live Disco Wrote:Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard! Bullard!
did he get on the pitch? i was working but the pub was too full to even watch the game

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - KIRBY - 2008-09-07 15:09:44

Are you illiterate? In what way did I possibly stick up for the Americans, I simply pointed out the flaws in your generic insults.

And point me, then, to which of ours squads since the 89 season that have been stronger than this seasons. Of course, Mascherano, Keane, Babel, Skrtel, Reina, Alonso - these are dire players and inferior to the likes of Martin Harewood, Darren Bent, Victor Achiebe, Steve Sidwell, Younes Kaboul and the rest of the pretenders. The "take Torres, Gerrad and Carrager away AND WHACHA GOT?" arguement is stupidity beyond belief. Take Fabregas, Adebayor and Gallas away AND WHACHA GOT? Take Ronaldo, Rooney and Ferdinaind away AND WHACHA GOT?

And if all you need is honesty and genuine love, well, why don't we all get ourself a premier league football club. Your views on Kenwright, as an Evertonian, are in the minority.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - KIRBY - 2008-09-07 15:11:54

Quote:after all we could list the amount of turkeys that rafa's signed all day....
Do it. Then, while your at it, list how much we paid and how much we got when they left. And try not to list whatever Mark Lawrenson/The Sun/The Daily Star tells you to list.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - benjomin - 2008-09-07 16:44:33

KIRBY Wrote:But while Evertonians keep churning out stuff like this http://clattenburg.epetitions.net/, Kenwright will always have a place in The Peoples' hearts.
In fairness, Clattenburg's performance that day was shambolic.

Also, your first rant details all of the problems with foreign ownership and why Kenwright, despite his flaws, has been a good servant to Everton. His insistance of finding the right people to sell the club to, although rather annoying, is the right thing to do as having owners who basically want to sweat the club of its assets and run is not what Everton need. Also, why do you believe that DIC will be any different? These people will never use their own money to invest in a club, there is a reason why they are rich, because they are tight.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Jamie_ - 2008-09-07 17:18:58

DIC will be different because they are looking to operate along the same lines as Abu Dhabi United.

They're not worried about writing off £300 odd million on players, as buying a football club is more than just about making a profit through revenue from the clubs operations.

Buying a Premier League club stitches you into the fabric of a country, and has massive marketting practices. You think Abramovic bought Chelsea just because he wanted a football team? It also gives him world wide fame, and a certain popularity.

Abu Dhabi is trying to compete with Dubai to become the more well known emirate even though it is the de facto capital. They appear to have stolen a march on DIC in this regards, but I'd expect DIC to step up efforts to buy into Liverpool now.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - benjomin - 2008-09-07 17:26:47

Jamie_ Wrote:Buying a Premier League club stitches you into the fabric of a country, and has massive marketting practices. You think Abramovic bought Chelsea just because he wanted a football team? It also gives him world wide fame, and a certain popularity.
I do believe that Abramovich bought Chelsea majoritarily to launder his cash and because it was a prime piece of real estate.

Also, Chelsea are the posh team in England really.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Fookes - 2008-09-07 17:27:36

Yeah there hasn't been much said by DIC but surely the competitive element will make them want Liverpool more now?

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - wankydave - 2008-09-07 17:52:00

KIRBY Wrote:
Quote:after all we could list the amount of turkeys that rafa's signed all day....
Do it. Then, while your at it, list how much we paid and how much we got when they left. And try not to list whatever Mark Lawrenson/The Sun/The Daily Star tells you to list.
josemi/jan kromkamp. two terrible players. no idea on actual costs pad/recouped cos they swapped and all that but still....two bad signings whichever way you wanna dress it up

jermaine pennant - can cross the ball and thats about it. 7-8 miillion wasnt it?

voronin - yes he was free but i imagine he has a pay packet. absolutely awful

morientes - you signed him for something like 6.5 and sold him for 3 mil. and he was crrrrap

dirk kuyt - ten mil for a striker who rarely scores minus the odd tap in? hes an alright player, but not one you wanna have in a top 4/top european team

then theres players like pelligrino, nunez, mark gonzalez and probalby more who were so bad theyre pretty hard to remember

and while we're at it, liverpool rely on their 3 players FAR more than the other teams rely on their big players. werent torres and gerrard responsible for a reidiculously high percentage of the liverpool goals last year? where are the actual quality names outside of those 3? robbie keane is the closest and lets face it, hes not world class. yet we can take away rooney, ronaldo and ferdinand and stitll be left with tevez, silvestre, nani, giggs, berbatov, vidc, evra....players who could walk into the lverpool first eleven.

with regards to kenwright this is the final thng im gonna say about it: your views on kenwright are shaped as a red and very biased, lets face it youre never gonna be a fan of his. im not saying hes the perfect chairman but hes got the clubs interest at heart and at least if we have a season which doesnt fulfil expectations we wont face financial ruiin? i mean if the DIC deal comes through (bearing in miind it might not) then fair play you wont be n such trouble but who knows when these chairmen will just get bored of the club?

rant over

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Fookes - 2008-09-07 18:59:19

As a neutral, I think Kenwright seems like a good bloke and a good chairman. And Benitez's signings do seem to follow the scattergun method of signing 6 or 7 players then selling the 4 crap ones a year later for a small loss

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - KIRBY - 2008-09-08 15:46:01

Ronaldo scored something like 45% of United's goals last season, we've seen him taken away from United this season, and some of last season, and look at United's performances/results with him out of the team.

Arsenal get given the run around whevever Fabregas is out of the time, never mind Adebayor too. Playing at our worst, without Gerrard, Torres and Babel, we never looked like loosing at Villa Park, a team I assume you think capable of breaking into the top 4? Where on earth are you getting this "liverpool rely on their 3 players FAR more than the other teams rely on their big players" point from besides Paul/Merson/Mark Lawrenson/The Sun/Generic MOTD/5 Live comments? Your arguement has absolutely no base.

'players like pelligrino, nunez, mark gonzalez and probalby more who were so bad theyre pretty hard to remember' were brought in to bolster the squad, given when Rafa came we had Salif Diao playing right back and Igor Biscan at centre back. They were then sold on, the majority of the time at a profit. The nunez one is so predictable because its quoted by exactly the same kind of people as above, who don't seem to realise that he was forced upon the club when Owen walked out on us. Besides, Nunez did a neat job when he was fit.

Pennant was a bad buy, but again realise that Pennant was forced upon Rafa when we had Siamo sat on John Lennon airport run way, only for Moores to pull the plug due to finances. I think you'll find that Torres, Babel, Mascherano, Alonso, Agger, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Reina, Benayoun and Sissoko (at their equivalent prices) outweigh any of these 'players so bad to remember'.

You keep saying 'your a red your bias'; do you not see that the majority of Evertonians have cottoned on to exactly how large a buffon Kenwright is? Whether he's foreign or not has nothing to do with it.

And where DIC are concerned, it would seem that there's an offer on the table for the Americans, but it doesnt match the£1 billion valuation of the club that they have somehow plucked out of the air, even sans stadium.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - benjomin - 2008-09-08 18:33:30

Bruno Cheyrou

Nuff said.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Fookes - 2008-09-08 19:04:08

KIRBY Wrote:besides Paul/Merson/Mark Lawrenson/The Sun/Generic MOTD/5 Live comments? Your arguement has absolutely no base.
I'm just interested, you've mentioned this twice, but do you really think that the media is biased against Liverpool?

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Jamie_ - 2008-09-08 20:34:17

Every single Liverpool fan does.

I can't be bothered to address the "Liverpool without Torres/Gerrard" thing as it's quite obvious that as a team you do rely on those players a lot more than Chelsea/United.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - benjomin - 2008-09-08 23:05:50

No seriously, Bruno Cheyrou was actually labelled as the next Zidane.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - KIRBY - 2008-09-09 09:59:48

Than Chelsea, yes as they don't have such particularly 'stand out' players as much as they have a squad choca full of world class, as United, no. If you want to provide a logical arguement, then try and find statistics of United's results sans Rooney and Ronaldo over the past two season.

And in regards to media comments, that's a blanket statement I'd use to cover all generic comments with little-no-base, whether it concern Liverpool or otherwise, though obviously I've more experiance where Liverpool are concerned ("Gerrard must play in the center"/Michael Owen was a 20 goal a league season player/Benitez looses the league deliberatly" etc). The same journalists are using the same tired cliches that then get passed onto people like "wankydave" to regurgitate in turn.

Cheyrou was bought by Houllier. Get your facts right, nuff said.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Long Live Disco - 2008-09-09 10:36:58

My interlectual thoughts on the matter.

I fu**ing hate Liverpool.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Secret Disco Squirrel - 2008-09-09 17:46:56

I support Sunderland, so not particularly interested in all this bollocks.
Who are Everton by the way?

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - decadence - 2008-09-09 19:13:06

Secret Disco Squirrel Wrote:I support Sunderland, so not particularly interested in all this bollocks.
A team who've won a bloody lot more than your lot mate, you might not remember us as we haven't been in the championship for a reallllly long time.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - benjomin - 2008-09-09 19:21:57

decadence Wrote:
Secret Disco Squirrel Wrote:I support Sunderland, so not particularly interested in all this bollocks.
A team who've won a bloody lot more than your lot mate, you mate not remember us as we haven't been in the championship for a reallllly long time.
Sunderland won the FA cup years ago lad, what you sayin???!!!!

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Secret Disco Squirrel - 2008-09-09 19:33:58

benjomin Wrote:
decadence Wrote:
A team who've won a bloody lot more than your lot mate, you mate not remember us as we haven't been in the championship for a reallllly long time.
Sunderland won the FA cup years ago lad, what you sayin???!!!!
not forgetting the 6 league titles.
Plus you can find us on a UK map.
A bit like Liverpool.