Erol Alkan Forum
Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Printable Version

+- Erol Alkan Forum (http://erolalkan.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Index (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Guy (Boratto?) - 2010-11-21 22:29:17

wha...? :o

where'd you hear that tasty morsel? wouldn't make any sense at all...

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Andrew - 2010-11-21 22:32:25

Guy Wrote:wha...? :o

where'd you hear that tasty morsel? wouldn't make any sense at all...
All over twitter, for what that's worth.

Word is he tendered resignation but board rejected it, possibly following them telling him his contract would not be renewed at the end of the season. Possible press conference in the morning. Who knows?

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - matz8916 - 2010-11-21 23:18:32

isn't Chelsea flying though.... :/ Why would he resign if they are doing so good?

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Jamie_ - 2010-11-21 23:36:03

Made up internet rumour.

The rumours about Wilkins are better.

Apparently, he was told he was to be let go the day before, but he came into work anyway, and someone had to go and tell him, "erm, Ray mate, I think it's best you left, yeah?"

Don't get into an argument with Frank Arnesen. Arnesen 2 - Mourinho & Wilkins 0

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Santero - 2010-11-22 23:23:03

Wow - this is a long read, but gripping stuff for any Wednesdayite; the sooner we are rid of the current shysters running our club into the ground, the better. Basically our last chairman, who was forced out weeks after they begged him to stay when he tried to quit for family reasons, blowing the whistle on some VERY shady shenanigans. Interestingly, the board was happy to sue dozens of fans for throwaway comments online, but haven't even remarked on these much, much more serious allegations...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/43599709/SWFC-22112010

Mind-boggling.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Mat Payne - 2010-11-23 10:06:09

DId anyone see the City Fulham game? City'sfirst half has to be the best team performance this season in the league, outstanding.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - clement - 2010-11-23 11:16:06

yaya's goal was nothing short of majestic.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - JoelDee - 2010-11-23 11:26:01

Fucking nasri on my bench and nolan on in the world of fantasy football!! Guttered, dropped down to 3rd in my work league :(

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Jamie_ - 2010-11-23 12:26:12

Mat Payne Wrote:DId anyone see the City Fulham game? City'sfirst half has to be the best team performance this season in the league, outstanding.
I was put off watching it by the sheer mind numbing dullness of having previously seen City this season.

lol 3 defensive midfielders lol.

Hopefully, a performance like against Fulham means Mancini and City will be less eye gougingly dull from now on.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2010-11-23 12:36:35

Jamie_ Wrote:
Mat Payne Wrote:DId anyone see the City Fulham game? City'sfirst half has to be the best team performance this season in the league, outstanding.
I was put off watching it by the sheer mind numbing dullness of having previously seen City this season.

lol 3 defensive midfielders lol.

Hopefully, a performance like against Fulham means Mancini and City will be less eye gougingly dull from now on.
Mancini has to drop the caution tactics, i wouldnt mind seeing Johnson in the 3 man midfield so inject some oomph in there. I agree i didnt want to watch it either because they have been terrible to watch the last few weeks.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - el denv - 2010-11-23 13:05:42

Yaya was definitely not playing as a defensive midfielder this week, and yeah his goal was awesome, city must have had 20-30 passes up to it? Cambiasso 2006 style

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Andrew - 2010-11-23 14:54:00

I thought Sunderland against Chelsea was up there

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Young Gun - 2010-11-23 15:37:48

clement Wrote:yaya's goal was nothing short of majestic.
+1

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Fike - 2010-11-23 20:15:16

Talksport has surpassed itself for ridiculous transfer gossip - Micah Richards to Barca?! Please.

http://goo.gl/dCdPj

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2010-11-24 15:10:34

Peoples thoughts on the ramos and alonso sending off last night? Personally I think they should both get a 2 match ban.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - BillieT - 2010-11-24 15:22:48

Going to Spurs tonight, can't wait.

Really looking forward to the weekend too, few decent games on sky then Spurs vs Liverpool, Real vs barca Monday and Ashes throughout. Big weekend

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2010-11-24 16:00:38

housecat87 Wrote:Peoples thoughts on the ramos and alonso sending off last night? Personally I think they should both get a 2 match ban.
I think that Jose is the kind of manager who would tell players to get sent to avoid such a ban, although its been done before although Benitez didnt admit it.

Im sure it was Liverpool V PSV a few years back, the same happened with Kuyt.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2010-11-24 17:11:28

clement Wrote:beckham did it against wales a few years ago as well. nothing will be done, but it was so blatant they could be done for bringing the game into disrepute perhaps. probably not tho, as technically they have been punished for the rules they broke.

only way to combat it would be to get rid of wiping the bookings slate clean after the group stages.
Some news websites are saying that they should get 2 matches instead of one if they are deemed to be intentionally breaking the rules.

It opens a whole new can of worms though, this along with the ref palava up north it would be impossible to read a decent news article in the papers.

Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Joel Roberts - 2010-12-21 12:08:18

I heart Tim so much.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Jamie_ - 2011-01-19 14:23:18

The mighty QPR are still top of the league, but we're getting worried about some of the chasing pack looking good enough to catch us.

Particularly Nottingham Forest.

Also, I have been smashing it up on Fantasy Football recently. Had a shit couple of weeks though - and my lead has been cut down in the Phantasy league.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2011-01-19 14:28:15

Lukaku has apparently been signed by Citeh with the tranfer to go through in the summer. Pretty impressive if ts true seeing as Real Madrid and Chelsea are after him too.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2011-01-19 15:23:24

Is Steven Pienaar right or left footed?

And Lukaka would be better going to someone like Lyon, somewhere where he could continue his development but not have too much pressure on him at such a young age. He's bound to get the big transfer later in life anyways, he might have to go to a club and sit on the bench, its happened to plenty of youngsters

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2011-01-19 15:55:58

True, the french league is meant to be a good preparation for the physicality of the prem, but not sure Lukaku needs any improvement in that respect, rather improving his technical game. He also comes across as real level headed as does his father whos also his agent, who Mourinho claimed was the ideal footballers father (paraphrasing) so hopefully theyve made the decision for the right reasons. Theres also interest from Liverpool and Arsenal in Lille winger Eden Hazard, cant remember the last time theres been this much Belgian talent about.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - BillieT - 2011-01-19 15:58:13

Tevez, Balotelli, Lukaku, Dzeko. Not bad eh?

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2011-01-19 16:13:59

(2011-01-19 15:55:58)housecat87 Wrote:  True, the french league is meant to be a good preparation for the physicality of the prem, but not sure Lukaku needs any improvement in that respect, rather improving his technical game. He also comes across as real level headed as does his father whos also his agent, who Mourinho claimed was the ideal footballers father (paraphrasing) so hopefully theyve made the decision for the right reasons. Theres also interest from Liverpool and Arsenal in Lille winger Eden Hazard, cant remember the last time theres been this much Belgian talent about.

I remember reading an article on the Belgian team with Wesley Sonck complaining about the state of the team after they were eliminated from the WC qualifying. He was saying that you cant do anything with kids but that in a few years time the Belgian team would be crawling with talent. Their quite good in Fifa aswell :)