Erol Alkan Forum
Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Printable Version

+- Erol Alkan Forum (http://erolalkan.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Index (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread (/showthread.php?tid=122)

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - charles - 2011-02-17 12:33:35

Wilshere was really impressive (there were 6 of us watching the game, and we all were like "wow who is thy guy? he's solid!)

Great game today, Messi missed two heads up against the goal keeper. (It could have been 3-0 at the 30th minute) and I think that helped Arsenal (yeah it sounds obvious sorry). Plus I got the impression that Barcelona's player were a bit tired.

I'm really looking forward to the return game at Nou Camp, should be a great game again!

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - BillieT - 2011-02-17 14:17:44

2-1 to the home team is the perfect balance for a 2 legged european tie imo, always makes for a good second leg

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2011-02-17 14:52:42

Wilshire was great last night, few times he just dropped the shoulder and took 1 or 2 players out the game straight away, great talent.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - JoelDee - 2011-02-17 15:51:42

He was best player on the pitch for me last night TBF such a talent at 18 year old!

Messi was a gready fucker too twice barca had dead cert goals if he'd have passed it! To be fair to Barca though Messi's goal wasn't offside

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Jamie_ - 2011-02-17 18:31:18

Wilshere was good, but not as good as everyone keeps banging on about.
The hype is getting so much it's like people want the Euro 2012 trophy to get engraved with England's name on it already.

I thought Koscielny had a great game last night - he was man of the match for me, and I'm not a fan of his at all.

I lost £20 on this match as I bet my mate that Barca wouldn't lose either of the legs. Thought it was a pretty safe bet..

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2011-02-17 19:00:58

(2011-02-17 18:31:18)Jamie_ Wrote:  Wilshere was good, but not as good as everyone keeps banging on about.
The hype is getting so much it's like people want the Euro 2012 trophy to get engraved with England's name on it already.

Its only natural after Karen Brady got in touch from the future to reveal Englands world cup triumph in 2014.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/3402516/Karren-Brady-reveals-her-vision-of-West-Hams-future-at-the-Olympic-Stadium.html

Cringed so hard I thought I was having a stroke.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - JoelDee - 2011-02-18 13:22:09

(2011-02-17 18:31:18)Jamie_ Wrote:  Wilshere was good, but not as good as everyone keeps banging on about.

I thought Koscielny had a great game last night - he was man of the match for me, and I'm not a fan of his at all.

I lost £20 on this match as I bet my mate that Barca wouldn't lose either of the legs. Thought it was a pretty safe bet..

Djouro had a good game also, i'm a massive fan of his! I also lost a tenner betting on Barca to win!

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2011-02-18 15:38:17

(2011-02-18 13:22:09)JoelDee Wrote:  

Djouro had a good game also, i'm a massive fan of his! I also lost a tenner betting on Barca to win!

Quite funny that a few months ago everyone including Wenger were admitting that they might need to buy a defender then up pops Djorou's retrun from injury.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2011-02-18 20:06:41

Man City team picture that Greek side Aris Thessaloniki used in their match programme mistaking it for an official team picture. Brilliant

[Image: The-Gallery-Premier-Leagu-001.jpg]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/17/rooney-kaka-manchester-city-aris-programme

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - PaoloTramezzani - 2011-02-19 13:57:01

haha, brilliant, please say that's peter crouch at the top

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Guy (Boratto?) - 2011-02-19 19:39:46

man utd resort to diving against a non-league side... and are outsung even when they've just scored o_O

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2011-02-23 17:43:20

Shamon Bayaaarn!

Robben looked back on top form over the weekend and Ribery is playing better too, our defence is still as shambolic as it was in last years final tho, so its set to be an interesting game. Any regular viewers of Seria A care to give an opinion on what to expect from Inter or their form of late?

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2011-02-23 20:11:12

(2011-02-23 17:43:20)housecat87 Wrote:  Shamon Bayaaarn!

Robben looked back on top form over the weekend and Ribery is playing better too, our defence is still as shambolic as it was in last years final tho, so its set to be an interesting game. Any regular viewers of Seria A care to give an opinion on what to expect from Inter or their form of late?

Defence wise they signed that ragnochia or something, not sure but they havnt lost for a while, leonardo has steadied the ship, sure sneidjer is back aswell, pazzini is cup tied. Im going for a 1 or 2 all draw. Last decent Bayern defence I can think of is nearer 2000 with Lizarazu etc

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - charles - 2011-02-24 00:01:32

Awful game tonight.
No team wanted to attack, isn't United supposed to be one of the top team in Europe? Ferguson 's trying to copy Mourinho or what?
I know it was in Marseille but come on, you can't be one of the top team in Europe and offer a (no-)show like that one.

2 hours of my life I'm not getting back.

(Nani was good in first half though)
(And Brandao really is a joke)

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Niko - 2011-02-24 00:29:32

Yeah was bloody boring but in Fergie we trust.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2011-02-24 00:33:53

should have watched the bayern game, surprised at how content inter were to let bayern have the ball, and if your going to play like that at home you deserve going a goal down. should have probably been 1-1 with the two posts we hit and the almost open goal they missed, but I cant complain, bayern stayed true to last years form and kept bringin the game to them.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Tears For Beers - 2011-02-24 12:36:20

United have been so boring in Europe all season. I know they didn't have the most exciting group. That game last night was dreadful (Marseille also played their part). United really need a creative midfielder in the summer as this is one of the most dull, albeit effective, United teams I can remember.

Gonna definitely watch Inter-Bayern next time round.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Guy (Boratto?) - 2011-02-24 12:43:24

(2011-02-24 00:01:32)charles Wrote:  Awful game tonight.
No team wanted to attack, isn't United supposed to be one of the top team in Europe? Ferguson 's trying to copy Mourinho or what?

you know they're champions from the diving they resorted to against non-league Crawley Town in the cup a couple of weeks ago...

pure class.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - CrazyCat - 2011-02-24 12:49:18

(2011-02-24 12:36:20)Tears For Beers Wrote:  United have been so boring in Europe all season. I know they didn't have the most exciting group. That game last night was dreadful (Marseille also played their part). United really need a creative midfielder in the summer as this is one of the most dull, albeit effective, United teams I can remember.

Gonna definitely watch Inter-Bayern next time round.

Yeah i wished i went round to my mates to watch the Inter game on the Sky Splyer but he wanted to watch the Man Utd game, Man Utd, as said above, need something in midfield, Nani drifted out the game and Heinze was there for the taking, I wouldnt even have known Gibson was playing if i hadnt seen the starting line up. Berbs done nothing either, they need another decent striker.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2011-02-28 13:33:31

Not much in it, other than common assault.

[Image: a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_sortofelbow2.gif]

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - JoelDee - 2011-02-28 14:13:46

^^ WTF why did he do that? The ref was looking right at it!!?

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Guy (Boratto?) - 2011-02-28 14:58:22

the FA's stance on this is unbelievable. Presumably they are saying that the referee saw the incident and therefore they can take no further action.

If the ref saw the incident then he should have sent him straight off, otherwise the ref is a cheat which I don't believe. I think it's case of Clattenberg not admitting he missed something and so sticking to his decision whatever.

total joke, one rule from the big 4 and another for the rest of us. eff

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - housecat87 - 2011-02-28 15:17:45

but hes not that kind of player, no wait, he has always been that kind of player, when hes not too busy launching tirades at the ref. only difference is now he cant hide behind the excuse of being a little wippersnapper who knows no better. gawd i despise that man.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - clement - 2011-02-28 15:48:58

its ridiculous he's got away with this. even if the ref saw it, they could surely use the Ben Thatcher on Mendes incident as a precedent.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - PaoloTramezzani - 2011-02-28 15:59:36

what's really sickening is the utd comments after the match:

However, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson commented: "There's nothing in it."

The Scot then sought to deflect attention away from the incident and claimed: "As it is Wayne, the press will raise a campaign to get him hung or electrocuted, something like that."

Ferguson's assistant Mike Phelan also played down the incident.

"We can't dispute the referee's decision," he stated. "He's kept the game flowing and we're happy with that.

"There should not be a witch-hunt. The referee was consistent with all his decisions. We should lie low a little bit and let the powers that be take [control of] the game."

absolutely galling, imagine if the shoe was on the other foot