Erol Alkan Forum
Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Printable Version

+- Erol Alkan Forum (http://erolalkan.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Index (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread (/showthread.php?tid=122)

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Santero - 2011-08-14 07:12:25

Barton's twitter feed is hilarious.

One moment he's quoting Nietzsche "There are no facts, only interpretations."

The next he's saying that his statement is "fact, not conjecture".

One moment he's saying "Diving should be 3 game ban. Respect the game"

The next he's saying "my job is to do the best for my team, not to keep Gervinho on the pitch. "

He might have learnt a few long words and some clever quotations, but he's still an idiot behind all that.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Digital Glasses - 2011-08-14 15:59:47

He may be trying a bit hard but he's not an idiot. He's just a mentalist.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - bertal - 2011-08-15 20:14:07

barton is scum

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Maxim - 2011-08-16 10:38:15

Barton is such good value. Just like Balotelli. He's the sort of player I don't want playing for my team, but I love hearing about their antics.

Aguero - WOW. what a start. 2 goals and an assist on your debut in english football. not bad

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - PaoloTramezzani - 2011-08-17 13:08:08

very good piece by david conn here on the cost of watching matches in the prem:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2011/aug/16/premier-league-football-ticket-prices

i can say that i have been well and truly priced out of seeing spurs but i'm more than happy going to watch afc wimbledon with my dad instead

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - fornogoodreason - 2011-08-17 18:00:54

i've heard nasri is having a medical at man city as we speak

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - delor9 - 2011-08-19 20:35:10

I hate all the attention Barton gets from the press, Daily Mirror writers who have just graduated from Leeds Uni, never watched a football match in their life, wrote a column and think that it will change the world. Barton is actually a class player, it's easy for people to critise him because they read about him in a paper, but when you watch him play week in week out....he is a great player. Would be a steal for any team if they can afford to pay his wages

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Maxim - 2011-08-19 20:51:11

(2011-08-17 18:00:54)fornogoodreason Wrote:  i've heard nasri is having a medical at man city as we speak

That's a shame. Wish united had got him (instead of city at least). Oh well. I guess that means yaya toure and de jong holding midfield and silva, nasri and johnson/balotelli/tevez pushing on?

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - delor9 - 2011-08-19 20:56:21

How can you include "That's a shame" in the same paragraph as, "I guess that means yaya toure and de jong holding midfield and silva, nasri and johnson/balotelli/tevez pushing on?"

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - bertal - 2011-08-19 22:40:20

i dont think any arsenal fan is impressed with nasri's transfer saga. people were saying that he was getting tapped up in january; hence the drop in form in the 2nd half of last season.

but with all this stuff he has really lost the backing of the fans

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Niko - 2011-08-23 11:25:16

Fantastic second half for Man Utd last night, a real pleasure to watch them. Welbeck was great. All of them were great. De Gea is still weak but didn't slip a goal this time. Friedel was stable, he tried his best and did what he could. Hernandez is back and the attack will get even better. The only problem is that i don't see Berbatov in that scheme.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Guy (Boratto?) - 2011-08-23 12:34:36

?

you come on here to post a match report for the team you support?

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Niko - 2011-08-23 13:14:32

Yeah why not? Is it abnormal to talk about the team i support? You are always offensive when we are talking about Man U. Are you jealous or what?

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - delor9 - 2011-08-23 15:58:55

Nasri has gone to Man City then, these 'bought' football clubs make me sick. Obviously nothing against the fans, players etc, and it's a weak pathetic arguement i know, but, "it's not fair..." haha

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - clement - 2011-08-23 17:46:33

its just the way the game has gone, with all the money involved. we have 'bought' success a lot quicker than anyone else in the past, but its just about an almost irrefutable fact now that a team in england not playing in the champions league (and getting the subsequent revenue) needs to spend massive amounts to break into that top 4, and spend even further to win things.

as wonderful as the current barca team is, and their 3 best players have come through their youth system, lets not forget they have spent big again this summer. given how far city were behind the top teams when the sheikh took over, the only realistic way of catching up is competing with, and beating, the top teams in terms of transfer fees.

its probably a sad indictment of the game that money talks, but its been this way for a long time, and there doesn't seem to be a lot anyone can do about it.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Guy (Boratto?) - 2011-08-23 17:59:04

man u, liverpool and arsenal have spent just the same as chelsea and man city, except that they did it 20/30/40 years earlier... but people are only moaning about money ruining the game now. hmmm.

i'm more than happy with the likes of man city bringing the best players in the world to the premier league, but imo the FA absolutely has to do something to make the league more competitive, and financial fair play doesn't work retrospectively. we'll still be looking at the same 6 at the top every year. imo a wage cap is the only way that things will change.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - delor9 - 2011-08-24 11:35:40

a wage cap would surely just cause larger transfee's though, for example if player x, a brilliant player has a wage cap of 30k p/w, which most teams can afford, then team x, a rich club, would just pluck a transfee from mid air that msot teams can't afford so then they have still stifled their competition and will be the only club with a bid accepted for player x, because it's the highest?
i think a way of doing it would be each club has to have x number of players on the pitch from england, for english divisions, or players which have been trained at the club for a period of say 4 or 5 years, then that will turn the attention towards youth training, finding youngsters with alot of promise, which don't herit nearly a big transfer fee as a striker in his prime for example.
Sure the remaining players on the pitch can still be bought but at least there is a bit more, certainly alot more than present, focus on youngsters and bringing them through the training system, as well as home grown players

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Radio Ladio - 2011-08-24 15:09:15

(2011-08-24 11:35:40)delor9 Wrote:  i think a way of doing it would be each club has to have x number of players on the pitch from england, for english divisions, or players which have been trained at the club for a period of say 4 or 5 years

I think that's what they're doing isn't it? Don't know when the regulations come in though, and that's what's jacking up the price of English players.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - clement - 2011-08-24 15:48:04

i think its 8 home/youth system players have to be in your 25 man squad, so a foreign kid who came through the system would count the same to your quota as paying 35 million for andy caroll.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - bertal - 2011-08-25 18:32:48

Champions League 2011-12 Group Stage:

Group A: Bayern Munich, Villarreal, Manchester City, Napoli

Group B: Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Lille, Trabzonspor

Group C: Manchester United, Benfica, Basel, Otelul Galati

Group D: Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb

Group E: Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Genk

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Olympiakos, Borussia Dortmund

Group G: Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, APOEL Nicosia

Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, BATE Borisov, Viktoria Plzen

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Niko - 2011-08-26 10:28:26

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Jamie_ - 2011-08-26 11:40:10

(2011-08-26 10:28:26)Niko Wrote:  

I am making sure I sit well far back from the touchline then if he signs for QPR.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - Niko - 2011-08-26 19:01:15

Jamie_ Wrote:I am making sure I sit well far back from the touchline then if he signs for QPR.

lol

He has signed btw.

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - delor9 - 2011-08-27 02:06:10

pretty gutted to see him go tbh, thats our three best players gone in the space of 8 months, carroll, barton and nolan

RE: Erol Alkan Official Football Thread - PaoloTramezzani - 2011-08-27 17:28:41

that's the over-paid lot gone yeah

warnock now has taarabt and barton to fight with for the spotlight, should be interesting